Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Complete neck joint

I had some time this Labor Day weekend to work on the latest guitar. I had cut half of the joint last time I posted and let things sit while I finished my classes for the summer semester. I also had to change the way I fixed the jig to the guitar body.

IMGP2498Here is a shot  of the jig in action. I am cutting the mortise in the top – part of the double mortise and tenon joint.

IMGP2499

 

 

Here is a shot of how I connected the jig to the body. I used the bolt holes and bolted the jig in place. The guitar body is held securely in place with the jig I built for cutting the binding ledges.

 

The last shot is of the unfinished neck bolted in place. I leave a little space on each side of the top tenon so I have room to adjust the neck when centering it. The top of the tenon is flush with the top of the guitar.

IMGP2469

No comments: