Monday, February 22, 2010

Another One Finished!

 

014_1

Here is the final product: a black walnut / spruce OM style guitar. It has a bloodwood fretboard, bound in black walnut. The bridge is bloodwood to match the fingerboard.

The finish is Tru-Oil on the neck and Waterlox varnish elsewhere. Nut and saddle are cow bone, the saddle is thicker than standard at 3/16 inch.

The label is designed by me using Visio, printed on 100% cotton paper in my inkjet printer.

A couple of things I noted for the next one. I fussed over the neck angle before I glued on the bridge. I even knocked the whole thing off the workbench and got to practice some repair skills (ugh…).

After I got it strung up, I left it for about a week. When I picked it up again to set up the action, I found that the top had moved quite a bit and I had to fuss with the neck angle again. In the future, I’ll just leave the neck angle until after the guitar has settled for a while.

Just a final note, I think it sounds pretty good (if only I played better!). I will try to get a sound clip someday.

 feb 2010 005_1

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like a beautiful instrument. Great work!